Home > Flash, ActionScript and Ming
Flash, ActionScript and Ming
No doubt you've experienced Adobe Flash in your travels across the Internet. So what is this Ming thing? Ming is an open source project with wrappers for PHP which allows the developer to create dynamic SWFs. Although the project isn't far along (most Linux distributions are packaged with only version 0.3), the library is quite powerful.
A few basic examples of Ming have been added below. I am currently learning various aspects of Flash and will be adding to this page on a continuous basis. Please check back for additional updates.
Ming Tutorials & Reference
- In Progress...
- Flash Developer Documentation (Adobe Home Page)
- http://www.php.net/ming (PHP Manual)
- http://www.libming.org/ (Ming Project Page)
- http://www.jerryscript.hostrocket.com/php/ming/lessons/ (Excellent 15-part tutorial)
- http://www.gazbming.com/ (Fantastic Examples)